SCORE Bucks Women’s Business Conference Returns in June to Pennsylvania
SCORE Bucks County’s Women Building Businesses Conference will return on June 14 after a three-year break due to the pandemic. Every year SCORE provides mentoring and workshops to over 375,000 new and growing small businesses across Bucks and eastern Montgomery counties. NBC10 anchor Tracy Davidson will make the keynote address at its fourth conference. She is passionate about sharing inspirational messages with other women.
This year’s event will be held at Parx Casino in Bensalem. Apart from its slot machines and table games at its land-based and online casino, Parx has a venue for such events.
Previous events featured a panel format, but this year it will feature a discussion and a Q&A session with each of the seven speakers. There will also be opportunities for attendees to network with one another and with event exhibitors. In addition, they will receive practical information they can apply to their businesses.
The speakers and topics
Bucks County chairman Linda Zangrilli is organising the event with fellow SCORE mentors. The speakers they chose are successful women entrepreneurs. They have progressed up the career ladder and have helpful advice for other entrepreneurs.
- Tracy Davidson will share her challenges and the research-based skills that enabled her to overcome them.
- Jennifer Gardella is a social media expert who will share how to market using social media.
- Lynne Williams will discuss social media and the creation of a personal brand on LinkedIn.
- Director of the certification and business development, Collen LaCoss, will discuss getting businesses certified.
- Christina Reger, president of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, will offer human resources tips for small businesses. She is a small business owner and an employment attorney.
- Sonya Pappas, a business owner for 30 years, is a partner in the GSM Advisory Group, a business advisory and accounting firm. Her topic will be “Know your numbers/know your worth”.
- Melinda Emerson, best-selling author and CEO of Quintessence, a marketing consulting firm, will offer a lunchtime address. The topic will be “12 P’s of running a successful business”.
For women who want the conference details, it will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 14. The venue is at Parx Casino East, 2999 Street Road. The cost was $25, but it went up to $35 at the beginning of May. The price includes breakfast, lunch, and a day of discussions and networking.