So, weekend staycations and reservations at your favourite restaurant may not be an option for Valentine’s Day this year. However, that doesn’t mean that you still can’t celebrate.
Whether you’re spending it with family, alone, or with a special someone, we all deserve to feel extra special on the 14th February.
Here are three ideas that you can put into motion from now to ensure that this Valentine’s Day is one to remember (for good reasons, of course).
You’re definitely not alone if you’re yearning to eat at your favourite restaurant right now. Restaurants may have shut their doors, but now would be the perfect time for you and your loved one to cook up a storm together. You could even do it together over Zoom. Make it fun and see who makes the best meal or award points for presentation and extra pizzazz!
Here are a few restaurant cookbooks that would be ideal for date night:
- Dishoom: From Bombay with Love, £26
- Mildreds Vegan Cookbook, £20
- Wahaca Mexican food at home, £16.79
- Hawksmoor at home, £30
- Trullo, The Cookbook, £25
- Rosa’s Thai Café, The Cookbook, £14.71
Date night at home
Despite everchanging rules and guidelines, you can still enjoy a date at home. Whether you live with your significant other, or plan on doing it virtually, you can still have an amazing date night.
Get creative! You could pick a theme for the night, dress up, decorate your house with balloons and flowers of your choice.
This is also a great time to support small businesses.
Let’s take a look at a few services that are doing great Valentine’s Day packages that you and your loved ones can order home and enjoy!
- @letterboxsmores – UK based indoor and outdoor s’mores toasting gift set service
- @piquefood – Luxury hampers and picnic baskets delivered straight to your door
- @bloomsofficial_ – Balloons, chocolates, and floral gift packages
- @berryandbrie – Grazing boxes and platters
- Las Olas – London based Rum company – The True Love Hamper
- @CelestialCinema – UK drive-in cinema (now doing home editions) – Includes: Popcorn for two, projection unit and so much more! Everything you need for the perfect at home cinema experience
I’m sure you’ve come across the phrase ‘Galentine’s Day’ and wondered what it is and where it originated from. Well, February 13th was declared Galentine’s Day, just over 10 years ago and therefore became the day that is dedicated to female friendships. The holiday is all about declaring love to the ladies in our lives.
Because of this, why not dedicate the day to an at home spa day, virtually inviting your friends over! Likewise, create or gift a hamper to a loved one full of body care and skin care products.
Here are a few items that would be perfect for a spa day, products that we at Style Cartel absolutely love:
- Holistic Scented Soy Candle – The perfect vegan, hand-crafted candle that comes in a variety of scents from cedarwood to lavender. Ideal for creating a relaxing and intimate setting at home.
- Ella Mae Anti-Damage Sealing Snail Slime Mask – Nothing says luxury like a snail slime based product. It actually appears to be a great sealant on hair, helping to lock in moisture and nourish the scalp. Try something new with your girls and get healthy hair at the same time!
- Peacci Nail polish – This cruelty free, long-lasting, and super pigmented nail polish is perfect for your next manicure/pedicure. Add one to your basket for your bestie as well as yourself so you can both celebrate Galentine’s / Valentine’s Day in style.
- Books – There’s nothing like a light bit of reading as you wait for your face mask or nails to dry. Self-empowerment books such as Hello Gorgeous by Lola Sanchez Herrero and Be Happy, by Dr. Rebecca Ray are inspirational, female based books that are great for a bit of motivation. Two books that will start you off on your journey to personal growth and well-being.