Whilst some beauty trends come and go, dry brushing is a skincare ritual that has stood the test of time and for good reason! With roots in Ayurvedic medicine, this wellness practice not only aids in lymphatic drainage and toxin removal but it also supports the breakdown of cellulite whilst exfoliating your skin.
Here, The Organic Pharmacy shares their top tips with you ahead of Spring and showing a little more skin…
Dry Brushing Top Tips:
- Make sure your skin is completely dry before you brush (preferably just before you shower).
- Start at your ankle, brushing in long, circular movements towards your heart.
- Maintain a slightly firm pressure as you brush.
- After rinsing off, be sure to use a moisturiser to hydrate your skin.
- The Organic Pharmacy Skin Brush(RRP £20)– Banish those dead skin cells and improve circulation with this wellness must-have. The natural-fibre bristles and detachable wooden handle make this tool perfect for your everyday brushing routine.
- Detox Body Oil(RRP £36.95) – If brushing alone doesn’t work for your skin, try using a body oil as you brush that will help guide the bristles. The Organic Pharmacy Detox Body Oil hosts a luxurious blend of Juniper, Grapefruit and Rosemary oils that not only aids in brushing but smooths, tones, decongests and detoxifies the skin!
The After Care:
- Resculpting Body Serum (RRP £69) – Microscopic cosmetic drone technology is supported by powerful plant extracts of Green Coffee, Garcinia and Kigelia to firm, tone and hydrate the skin – perfect to use post brushing! This serum will increase elasticity and reduce the appearance of cellulite, giving you confidence that lasts all day.