Celebrity hair stylist, Jill Crosby tells us how to recreate Allison Janney’s same soft waves she donned this evening at the Primetime Emmy’s.
Inspiration: “Allison’s dress is amazing; it’s beaded with a lot of cut outs. I knew I had to keep the hair simple artistically so that the two looks did not compete. We prepped her hair yesterday and made it a little lighter to help with the soft look we wanted to achieve. The goal was to have her hair look very healthy, soft and pretty. Not too edgy, nothing too contrived. Just soft, pretty hair.”
- Hair Prep: Most important step for this look is smoothing the hair during the blow dry. For hair types with a lot of natural texture like Allison, use the T3 PROi dryer with the thin concentrator and directionally dry the hair with the T3 2” AntiGravity Barrel brush.
- Once you achieve this smooth base, you can start waving the hair with the styling iron.
- Setting the Waves: Take large sections and spritz with a working thermal spray.
- Wrap the hair around the large 1.5” clipless barrel in the Whirl Trio collection and pin them off. Continue until entire head is pinned. Let it cool.
- Once curls are set, remove all the pins and let the curls drop.
- Use the T3 Freeflow Vent brush to brush through hair for a soft wave. Create a deep side part.
- Finish with a light holding spray.
Photo credit Jill Crosby