The changing seasons also means changing our beauty routines to adapt to the season. During winter time, the air becomes colder and drier and may cause dry skin and hair issues for many people. Beat the ice frost woes by using the best skin care products like Aritaum and stay fresh and hip by taking note of these winter beauty tips from your favorite celebrities.
- Use a tinted lip balm – Alison Brie. Tinted lip balms are great for restoring moisture on your lips especially during the cold weather, and it also gives your lips an added color. The lips can become dry, pale, and patchy during the colder months, and tinted lip balms are just great for making your face look fresh and radiant in the winter.
- Use a volumizing shampoo – Blake Lively. Low humidity levels during the cold season may also be drying to your hair as it is in the summer. Furthermore, wearing hats, scarves, and beanies may also cause your hair to flatten. Blake Lively’s hairstylist Rod Ortega recommends using a volumizing shampoo during the winter to add more bounce and volume to your hair and prevent it from looking limp and lifeless. Ortega also recommends switching up your hair care products every once in a while to avoid build-up.
- Apply sunscreen always – Charlize Theron. People often mistakenly believe that just because the sun is out less during the winter, then they can conveniently skip using sunblock. This is one of the biggest skin care mistakes, according to Charlize Theron. The Mad Max star says that she’s a firm believer of SPF and never forgets to apply sunblock every day, even during rainy days and winter season. No wonder this gorgeous actress still looks young even at 43!
- Use a sleeping mask at night – Chloe Kim. The dry winter air can really wreak havoc on your skin and cause skin flaking and dryness, especially if you’re often going out in the snow, like Olympic snowboarder Chloe Kim. When she gets a really bad cold wind burn and peeling, she uses a night sleeping mask to instantly hydrate her face and wake up to a smooth and moisturized skin the next day.
- Exfoliate often – Jessica Alba. Dry air also means more dry skin to exfoliate off during the winter, according to Jessica Alba. The actress says that her skin gets very dry often during the winter and that she ups her exfoliation regimen to keep dry, dull skin at bay and maintain fresh and radiant skin. Although frequent exfoliation may not be suitable for most skin types, increasing your exfoliation a little may not be bad during the colder months.
- Use a blush under your concealer – Josephine Skriver. The Victoria’s Secret beauty noticed that she can wake up to dark eye circles and tired-looking eyes during the winter, due to waking up harder because the sun rises later and sets earlier during the winter season. Fortunately, she knows a beauty hack to make her face look vibrant even after over-sleeping: Skriver recommends applying cream blush onto the skin under her eyes before applying concealer. She swears it works like magic!
- Switching to an oil-based cleanser – Kate Beckinsale. Soap-based cleansers can even dry your skin more especially during the winter since it tends to pull on the skin. Oil-based cleansers, on the other hand, induce less friction and glides smoothly onto your skin and draws out dirt from inside your pores without drying your skin. Actress Kate Beckinsale says she finds oil-cleansers great and easy to use.
- Washing your hair less often – Kim Kardashian. Kim K recommends washing your hair up to twice a week only during winter. She said in her website kimkardashianwest.com that she only shampoos her hair twice a week to prevent it from drying out, and also refrains from drying her hair with a dry blower after. She also loves using hydrating at-home hair masks during this time.
- Using a creamier moisturizer – Lucy Liu. The Charlie’s Angel star said that she uses a creamier, thicker moisturizer during the colder months to winter-proof her skin care regimen. She recommends using a thicker moisturizer as a go-to for moisturizing various body parts, such as the skin, lips, and for moisturizing your baby if you are a parent. She also recommends it to help heal cuts and bruises faster.
The winter months may mean upgrading your skin care regimen to keep your skin and hair from drying due to less humidity in the air. These celebrity winter skin care tips can be helpful in upgrading your own skin care regimen with Aritaum and to keep your skin and hair moisturized during the colder season.