With the craze of fashion weeks starting today (weather permitting; word on the twitter-vine is that shows are getting post-poned because of the anticipated snow storms in the States. I wonder if that means shows will get pushed back delaying London, Milan and Paris shows in turn? I guess that’ll be great for us, my partners and I, as we’d have more time to get all our pieces ready for our A/W show on the 20th of February… anyhoo)
Where was I? Yes. With the craze of London Fashion Week looming ahead and all the shows and parties to attend I’ve been trying to ready myself for the lack of proper food, sleep and multiple outfit changes as I manoeuvre shows and exhibitions this season. It brings to mind what was seen on the runways last season and some of the looks I have incorporated into my wardrobe that I shall be rocking in the weeks ahead. There are obviously some staples for survival during fashion week and in my bag there will definitely be:
a) A bottle of water, the last thing you want is to look tired AND de-hydrated
b) Lots of candy. I don’t care what they say, I’ll be needing plenty of sugar
c) Emergency flats. I love my heels but blisters ain’t pretty.
So I’ve rounded up my Top 5 Spring 2010 looks and they are (drum roll please):
1. Jumpsuits: these are cute and chic and never look like you tried too hard. I’d be wearing these slim leg ankle length with some great booties or wide-legged a là Rachel Zoe to elongate my legs
2. Leather shorts: I forgot about this trend but then I came across Karla from Karla’s Closet rocking them on her blog and decided that I too must do so.
3. Lace: Love, love, love lace. It’s one of my favourite fabrics and I love how you can dress it up or down. I especially love this peach blazer, made from Nigerian lace, simply teamed with some leggings and a tee.
4. Underwear as outerwear: You have to be weary of this one; I’d say pastel colours and nudes to stop this looking more trashy than classy.
5. Socks with sandals: A reason to show off all my pretty coloured socks. I’ll be bringing out my summer wedges a little earlier this year.
Follow Ekaete Inyang on her blog, My Heart is in New York to see what she gets up to (and most importantly, what she wears) during London Fashion Week.